|"A is for Angry"|
|Number in season:||7B|
|Original Airdate:|| April 5, 2005|
|Written by:||Dietrich Smith|
|Storyboard by:||Robert Yap|
"Three's a Crowd"
"The "A" Team"
Arthur takes on Brain at a checkers competition, and everyone rallies behind him — until he lets out a "yowl" that alienates his fans.
There is a checkers contest, and everyone wants Arthur to challenge the Brain, so he does. They have a pep rally for the contest, and only George wants the Brain to win. Muffy starts a web site for "the benefit of all the average kids". In the first pep rally, Brain wins. When they have a post-game pep rally, in the middle of Arthur's pep talk, he screams at the crowd. Back at home, he is lying on the living room couch when he gets a call from Buster to check out Muffy's website. He finds out that Muffy has posted a video of his scream. The next day, Muffy and Francine are passing out flyers supporting Brain. Arthur argues with Francine, until Arthur crumples a flyer while screaming. Then Binky appears, saying, "Hey, man, I want to congratulate you. It took me years to get scary. You did it overnight".
At the next play-off match, everyone but Buster supports Brain. Finally, Arthur forfeits when the match starts. Back home, his mother tells him that people get a little crazy sometimes when it comes to competition, and not to take it to heart. Arthur replies that maybe he deserved it: "It's not like I tried all that hard to stop them from putting down Brain when they were on my side". His mom remarks, "Well, I don't think you should quit something you love, just because of what other people think". Arthur says that he didn't love it; it's checkers: "I just wanted it to be fun. It's not fun anymore".
The doorbell rings, and Arthur answers it to find Francine standing there. She asks him if he wants to go to the Inter-Scholastic for them. Seeing Arthur's puzzlement, she explains that Brain forfeited as well, and then apologizes to Arthur for how she and Muffy got a little crazy: "I think it was just because you hurt our feelings. But we'd kind of forgotten that maybe we hurt yours... and Brain's".
Muffy is chosen for the Inter-Scholastic, but is disqualified because, as Mr. Ratburn puts it, "checkers is a quiet game". The episode finishes when Arthur and Brain play checkers inside of Arthur's house.
- Fern Walters
- Jenna Morgan
- Maria Pappas
- 3rd Grade Male Dog (Number 3)
- 3rd Grade Male Dog
- 3rd Grade Male Cat
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark (Number 2)
- Prunella Deegan
- Throughout the second Checkers scene with Brain and Arthur the board constantly changes sometimes displaying a played out game or no checkers at all.
- In the first playoff match, Sue Ellen's skin color turns burnt brown when Muffy says "...to determine Lakewood Elementary's representative...".
- Alex's pants were blue when the crowd said "No!" after Francine says "Do we want some conceited know it all representing us in checkers?"...".
- The checkerboard changes between shots.
- Brain's winning move in the first playoff game includes jumping his own pieces twice and moving multiple squares in one jump.