| This article documents an official Arthur Wiki Policy.
This article is an official Arthur Wiki Policy, it is to be followed by all editors.
| This article is under construction.
This article is under construction until further notice.
Manual of Style
- Main article: Arthur Wiki:Manual of Style
- Edits must be constructive. Intentionally removing true information or adding false information is considered vandalism.
- In the case of a destructive edit, the editor responsible will be given a reasonable amount of time to correct the mistake before it is judged to have been intentional. Giving a friendly reminder to the editor would also be advised.
- Making destructive edits and immediately correcting them, for the sake of increasing one's edit count, is not allowed.
- Uploaded files must be Arthur-related.
- The preferred spelling on this wiki is American English (e.g. color, not colour). Since most people can understand the words anyway, editors do not need to go out of their way to "correct" them. However, if a page frequently switches between spellings to the point where it is distracting, the page should be made uniform throughout.
- If you undo another person's edit, please say in the edit summary why you did so. If you forgot to explain in the edit summary, it is recommended to use the article comments, message walls, or the chat room to do so.
- Note: In this chart, "international" refers to anywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
|A new episode has been released on...||Create a page for the episode?||Add the official summary?||Add a character list and plot?||Upload the title card?||Upload other images?||Create articles for new characters, places, etc.?||Add new information about old characters, places, etc.?|
|Episode is leaked online||N||N||N||N||N||N||N|
- Blocking is not a punishment; it is an action for the prevention of future vandalism.
- Users will receive 1-3 warnings, based on the severity of the destructive edit(s), before blocks will be issued.
- Blocks will begin as short, and gradually increase in length each time the contributor is blocked.
- Since Wikia has already blocked unregistered editing on Arthur Wiki due to COPPA regulations, only registered accounts, and not IP addresses, shall be blocked.
- Sockpuppet accounts are not allowed. If a person has multiple accounts, they may either publicly identify the secondary accounts, or have the secondary accounts be blocked.
- Inappropriate usernames or profile pictures will result in the account being blocked indefinitely.
- If the user changes their profile picture, or has Wikia rename the account, the user may alert the administration team to have their block lifted.
- Creating a second account, one with an appropriate username and profile picture, is another acceptable option.
Blog Post, Message Wall, and User Page Policy
- Blogs are the proper place for news and opinions, instead of in normal articles.
- Blogs may also be used as sandbox pages for normal articles, if they are to be deleted after the article is created.
- Blogs aiming to start a conversation, or ask for the opinions of others, must contain a decent amount of material (such as the author's own opinion on the subject).
- Follow all other rules, especially those for the Chat Policy.
- Users are allowed to decorate their own user page in any way they please, minus any exceptions listed below.
- Things not allowed on user pages are: gossip, sexual themes, excessive violence, or anything else not "kid-friendly".
- Administrators are allowed to edit other users' user pages for the purposes of removing user page policy violations, or other general wiki maintenance tasks.
- Be respectful of others.
- Though it is encouraged, it is not required to only talk about Arthur topics.
- Personal information should not be shared over the chat. It is not a completely secure conversation medium in terms of privacy.
- If a user prefers to be addressed by their real name (e.g. "John", rather than "superman123") that is their own choice to allow others to call them that.
- If you discover someone else's personal information elsewhere than on Arthur Wiki, it is still the person's own decision whether to reveal that information.
- If a person allows others to publicly use their real name, they must acknowledge that the name can be known to everyone.
- Using information from the chat (whether used on the chat or not) in any way to threaten, tease, or humiliate another person in any way, shape, or form, is a serious offense. Actions taken include but are not limited to: infinite ban from the chat, having one's account disabled globally by Wikia, and even criminal charges for cyberbullying.
- Suggestive themes, excessive violence, or anything otherwise not "child-friendly" are strictly forbidden.
For chat moderators
- Chat moderators have the ability to "kick" another user from the chat room, for the purpose of maintaining order.
- Abusing the kicking ability may result in removal of rights and/or a ban from the chat.
- Users should only be banned from the chat as a last resort, in order to maintain order. Bans begin short and gradually increase for each time the user is banned.
- For information on becoming an administrator, see Arthur Wiki:User Rights Requests.
- Administrators do not have more authority to decide how "correct" a fact is, no more than any other user. Even they must present evidence to prove a claim.
- Administrators have the special abilities to move or edit pages under protection lock, and delete pages. These abilities should be used to make the wiki friendlier to readers and easier to navigate.
- Administrators can resign any time they choose to, as long as there is at least one bureaucrat still active.
- Administrators may have their rights removed if they abuse their special powers. They may also be banned, if they violate the Blocking Policy.