Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Attack of the Turbo Tibbles"|
|Number in season:||10a|
|Original Airdate:|| January 11, 1999|
September 17, 1999
|Written by:||Joe Fallon|
|Storyboard by:||Robert Yap|
"The Return of the King"
"D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy"
After sneaking a peek at a new superhero TV show, the Tibble twins decide they have superpowers and get out of control.
The episode starts off in Arthur's room. Arthur is doing his homework, but the Tibble Twins are being loud and obnoxious outside. Arthur can't concentrate.
Arthur explains to the viewers that his homework is harder whenever the Tibbles are playing with D.W. He says that Timmy Tibble can scream for 5 minutes straight, and Tommy Tibble is so loud that he can seem like four kids instead of one. He then tells the viewers to imagine what it would be like if the Tibble Twins had superpowers...
Arthur goes downstairs and tries to convince his mother to get the Tibble Twins and D.W. to be quiet. Mrs. Read says she'll talk to them.
She brings them into the house and attempts to get the 3 to be quiet by putting on a Mary Moo Cow video about feet. Surprisingly, they stop being so loud.
In the living room, D.W. and the Tibbles are watching the video and it unexpectedly turns off. D.W. tries to fix it by hitting buttons on the remote control, but that doesn't work. The Tibbles think they can fix it since they apparently know how to fix a VCR. D.W. goes into the kitchen to get her mother to fix it for them.
However, the TV starts to work again, but a show is on that the two claim is for babies. So they pick up the remote and turn on a different channel. A show titled "Terrific Turbo-Trooper Toy T-Bot Team" is on which they suddenly become interested in since it involves a lot of action. In the show, the two main characters battle giant whales.
While watching it, D.W. and Mrs. Read come in. Mrs. Read tells them it is not for them and they try to make up excuses. She turns the show off and puts the show for toddlers back on. The Tibbles brag to D.W. about what they just watched.
The next day, D.W. walks into the preschool with Emily. They see Tommy and Timmy dressed in costumes of the main characters from "Terrific Turbo Trooper Toy T-Bot Team" much to D.W.'s surprise. They act out a scene from the show.
During coloring time at preschool, the Tibbles don't want to color - they want to fight crime. Outside the class was practicing the alphabet and the Tibbles accuse Emily of singing the alphabet wrong.
Ms. Morgan gives them a time-out and the Tibbles see this as a secret command, so they gladly oblige. They watch the show again later and then play hide and seek, however, they cheat.
D.W. calls the Tibbles asking them if they want to ride bikes, but they're too busy watching the show.
The next day, the Tibbles come dressed as robots again. D.W. and Emily quickly go inside, but the Tibbles follow. They are acting obnoxious so D.W. goes and yells for Ms. Morgan, who gives them a time-out. Once again, they gladly oblige.
D.W. blames Arthur for everything, but Arthur gives D.W. advice: he tells her to just tell them that they are annoying and to stop acting like robots.
So at the Tibbles' house D.W. tries to talk to them, but the Tibbles sees her as an enemy. The Tibbles chase D.W. and Emily. Since D.W. is the enemy, one of the Tibbles pull a playground swing back and then lets go.
The swing hits D.W. in the face, and her mouth starts bleeding, though this isn't shown . Emily runs to go get Mrs. Tibble, and the Tibbles run away and hide in a garage.
They decide to stop playing the game after thinking that D.W. could be dying. Mrs. Tibble then finds them. They plead for forgiveness and Mrs. Tibble tells them that D.W. has been taken to the emergency room.
They drive to the hospital and they are happy that D.W. is still alive, they hug her. When D.W. informs them that she got stitches on her face the Tibbles apoligize and tell her that they we're just trying to have fun, that nothing like this ever happened in the show. DW flatly explains to them that the show isn't real and that they should not to do everything they see on TV. With that the Tibbles finally learn their lesson.
As they leave, the Tibbles suggest watching something else, like sports, but D.W. refuses all of their suggestions, and the episode ends.
- The Terrific Turbo-Trooper Toy T-Bot Team could resemble the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, which was becoming popular around the time of the airing. The only difference is that instead of five (or six) in the real show, there are only two.
- The show Arthur mentions, Secrets of Magic, could be a reference to Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed.
- One of the shows that the Tibble twins watch is a parody of The Busy World of Richard Scarry, another Cinar production. Sonja Ball reprises her role as Huckle Bat.
- Also in the T-Bot Team episode the Tibbes watch involving a T-Bot's head breaking into the evil whales' hideout, the whales' "Ay yi yi!" is recycled from the above-mentioned The Busy World of Richard Scarry, when Pepe the Gangster and his Dirty Rats are caught by the detective Couscous.
- This is the first episode where D.W. gets hit; the second time occurred in "Arthur's Big Hit".
- The Tibbles' costumes occasionally switch in the scene where they correct Emily's singing of the alphabet.
- The Tibbles' costumes occasionally switch in the scene where they hurt D.W.
- The 2nd swing disappears when they the first hits D.W. but it reappears in the next shot.
- This episode was rated TV-Y7 (although it says TV-Y in the opening), for depictions of rough play.