|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the fictional TV series.|
|Favorite color||Atomic tangerine|
|Family||Dark Bunny (twin brother)|
Mrs. Bunny (mother)
|Book debut||Arthur's Eyes|
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur's Eyes"|
|Voiced by||Arthur Holden|
|“||Someone's in trouble! Never fear! Bionic Bunny is here!||”|
—Bionic Bunny, "Bitzi's Beau"
The Bionic Bunny is a superhero who is the main protagonist of a television show of the same name. He is portrayed by Wilbur Rabbit.
When Bionic Bunny and Dark Bunny were born, the two were separated at birth. Dark Bunny was taken by an evil witch, and Bionic Bunny was taken by a robot. An episode in "Buster's Back" shows his bionic parts being constructed and fitted into his body. He is highly allergic to sodium chloride (NaCl), or salt. Bionic Bunny's real name is Sue.
Bionic Bunny is a tall, muscular rabbit with a white complexion. He wears a blue shirt with a "B" on the front of his chest, dark blue pants, blue underwear over his pants, a red cape, a red hat with an antenna, and white and blue sneakers. In the promotional illustration, he wore a dark blue suit with red underwear over his suit, red sneakers, a red cape, and a red hat with a yellow antenna.
His actor, Wilbur, wears round brown glasses like Arthur's and casual clothes, outside of acting.
"Sorry. If it doesn't involve flying, battling monsters, or lifting heavy objects, I'm kind of at a loss."
- The character was popularized by the Arthur television series, but actually pre-dates it by roughly 17 years, having first appeared in the 1979 title by Marc Brown, Arthur's Eyes, which featured Bionic Bunny on Arthur's lunchbox.
- In the 1985 Marc Brown title The Bionic Bunny Show, Bionic Bunny is apparently a live-action show. This book and was featured in an installment of PBS's Reading Rainbow.
- He is a spoof of Superman, but is also a reference to The Bionic Man due to his name.
- He is allergic to salt, which may be a reference to Superman’s weakness to kryptonite.
- His origin has changed multiple times. In D.W. the Copycat he is said to be a robot and in That's a Baby Show! he is said to be Dark Bunny's cousin.
- "Long ears, strong heart" is Bionic Bunny's motto that is mentioned in the episode The Last Day.
- 10101 "Arthur's Eyes"
- 10502 "D.W. the Copycat"
- 10601 "Locked in the Library!" (Poster)
- 11302 "Buster's New Friend"
- 20601 "Buster Baxter, Cat Saver"
- 20701 "Arthur's TV-Free Week"
- 30301 "Arthur Goes Crosswire" (Mentioned)
- 30701 "Arthur Rides the Bandwagon" (Action figure)
- 31102 "Arthur's Almost Live Not Real Music Festival" (Cameo)
- 40102 "Arthur's Big Hit" (boxing audience cameo, mentioned)
- 40502 "The Rat Who Came to Dinner"
- 40901 "What is that Thing?"
- 50902 "The Big Dig"
- 60501 "The Boy Who Cried Comet"
- 60502 "Arthur and Los Vecinos" (Spanish Bionic Bunny)
- 70802 "Is There a Doctor in the House?"
- 71000 "April 9th"
- 80701 "Desk Wars" (Mentioned)
- 91001 "Binky Goes Nuts"
- 100100 "Happy Anniversary"
- 100801 "Operation: D.W.!"
- 110802 "Buster Gets Real"
- 120901 "Home Sweet Home" (Mentioned)
- 120902 "Do You Believe in Magic?"
- 150501 "To Eat or Not to Eat"
- 160100 "Based on a True Story"
- 200301 "He Said, He Said"
- The Bionic Bunny Show (book)