|This article is about Bud Compson. You may be looking for Arthur's uncle, Bud.|
|Age||About D.W.'s age|
|Hair color||Moderate orange|
|Residence||Compson family's house, Louisiana (formerly),|
Compson family's house, Elwood City
|Family||Rufus Compson (father),|
Cisely Compson (mother),
Gussie Compson (brother),
Madison Compson (sister),
Ladonna Compson (sister)
|Cartoon debut||"Based on a True Story"|
|Voiced by||Julie Lemieux|
Bud is a rabbit with a light brown complexion. He wears a green shirt, blue vest, long blue jeans, and black boots. He has light brown hair. He wears his red hat so often that most people haven't seen him without it.
He loves to play with his stuffed dinosaur, Rapty, who is also his imaginary friend. Bud is also a multi-talented preschooler as he can make animal sounds, make jokes, and is one of the few kids that can handle the Tibble Twins, much to D.W.'s delight. He dealt with the Tibbles by staring at them, which scared them off, but in the episode Read and Flumberghast Tommy Tibble is shown sidestepping this by putting on sunglasses. Bud explained to D.W. that he has had staring contests with his older brothers and sisters ever since he was two, and has never lost. Despite being a shade of brown himself, he dislikes the color brown, preferring the color black. ("Bud's Knotty Problem")
"I will. By giving you the Bud Compson Power Stare."
"We just want to know what lawyers do."
"You can get my cupcake back from that snack robber Tommy Tibble."
"Not like a real pig."
"It may have been the best day of my entire life."
(bold indicates speaking appearances)
- 1601. Based on a True Story (debut); (major appearance)
- 1605b. Read and Flumberghast (major appearance)
- 1702a. Adventures in Budylon (major appearance)
- 1702b. Ladonna Compson: Party Animal (minor appearance)
- 1706b. Waiting for Snow (major appearance)
- 1707b. Go Fly a Kite (background appearance)
- 1801a. The Tattletale Frog (major appearance)
- 1801b. D.W. & Bud's Higher Purpose
- 1804a. Best Wishes (background appearance)
- 1806a. Whip. Mix. Blend. (background appearance)
- 1807b. Messy Dress Mess (minor appearance)
- 1901a. Brain's Brain (major appearance)
- 2003a. He Said, He Said (minor appearance)
- 2003b. Bunny Trouble (minor appearance)
- 2004a. Bud's Knotty Problem (major appearance)
- 2004b. That's MY Grandma! (minor appearance)
- 2005b. The Butler Did It (minor appearance)
- 2007b. Ladonna's Like List (minor appearance)
- 2103a. Francine & the Soccer Spy (background appearance)
- 2106a. The Lost Dinosaur (major appearance)
- 2106b. The Princess Problem (minor appearance)