|Number in season:||11B|
|Original Airdate:|| October 21, 1996|
|Written by:||Joe Fallon|
|Storyboard by:||Gerry Capelle|
"Arthur Writes a Story"
Baby Kate is going to share a room with her older sister D.W. At first D.W. is highly anticipating this move. However, over time her room begins to stink of her infant sisters used diapers. This disgust D.W. as she frequently complains about the stink to her parents, but to no avail. D.W. then attempts to frame Kate for a number of events. But it is no use, her parents love baby Kate more, (no matter how bad she stinks). D.W. then considers running away to button island to live on her own. But D.W. eventually discovers that a big sister is always essential for a new baby sister. Even if she stinks like poop. PEEEYOUU...
Arthur tells D.W. how she acted when Kate was born, starting after Kate was brought home for the first time in "Arthur's Baby". D.W. is excited, but frustrated when she doesn't get to help with Kate. Kate's crib is moved into D.W.'s room, but D.W. soon finds drawbacks to sharing a room with a baby. Her room and belongings begin to smell like Kate's stinky diapers, which completely grosses her out; and she needs to keep toys with small parts away from Kate, so she can't easily play with her; and Kate cries loudly during the night, keeping D.W. awake and causing her insomnia. D.W. soon becomes jealous over the attention Kate is getting. She tries to get rid of Kate when the Tibbles suggest that she should blame Kate for something that she didn't do. When that doesn't work, she runs away thinking that the family doesn't need her, and plans to go away to a small island. Grandma Thora volunteers to drive and row her there, but when she makes D.W. realize that Kate won't have a sister, only a brother, D.W. decides to return home and decides that she'll show Kate how to do everything except changing stinky diapers... Events in the present appear as originally seen in "Arthur's Baby".
- The diaper change scene was later removed from the VHS promo for Arthur's Baby.
- Although the title is not read on the VHS and DVD versions, Francine says the title when this is aired on television on reruns.
- Some of the footage and dialogue were recycled from the previous half of this story/episode, "Arthur's Baby".
- This episode is kind of the same as "Arthur's Baby". But this time, It's from D.W.'s perspective.
- When David, Arthur, and D.W. are watching TV, if you hear closely, there is repeated dialogue from the later episode, So Long, Spanky.
- During the intro, in the video on Arthur's first birthday, his ears are covered in the hat.
- Also in the video on D.W.'s first birthday, she was referred to as "D.W.", but she didn't chronologically go by that name until she was able to talk clearly.
- D.W.'s toy truck was brown when she was playing with it; but when she offers it to Kate, it changes to blue.
- When Arthur is supposed to watch Kate, Kate is wearing a green bow in her hair, a few seconds later, it's gone. Also in the same shot, Jane is in her regular clothes.