|"D.W. and the Beastly Birthday"|
|Original Airdate:|| May 29, 2017|
|Written by:||Peter K. Hirsch|
|Storyboard by:|| Gerry Capelle|
"Special: Arthur - It's Only Rock 'n' Roll"
"Special: Arthur and the Haunted Tree House"
"In this all-new Arthur movie event, D.W.’s fifth birthday doesn’t go the way she had always imagined it would and she chose to escape to the magical island of Ukubonga. Meanwhile, Arthur has skipped her birthday party to go on a school trip to the planetarium – but instead of transporting him into outer space, it transports him four years in the future!"
- D.W. Read
- Nadine Flumberghast
- Arthur Read
- Buster Baxter
- Ladonna Compson
- Bud Compson
- Timmy and Tommy Tibble
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- Maria Pappas
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Carl Gould
- Prunella Deegan
- George Lundgren
- Francine Frensky
- Jenna Morgan
- Binky Barnes
- Jack Weasel
- Fern Walters
- Thora Read
- Vicita Molina
- Francis Haney (phone call)
- This is the first one-hour special since "Arthur - It's Only Rock 'n' Roll".
- It is one of two hour-long specials produced as part of the Oasis Animation production deal (alongside Seasons 20 and 21); the second being Arthur and the Haunted Treehouse.
- The title was confirmed in press releases for the launch of the PBS Kids 24/7 Channel. The press release also confirmed it will premiere on the channel as part of the “PBS KIDS Family Night” block (launched on April 21). The synopsis was announced (along with Arthur and the Haunted Treehouse) in an infokit for the block.
- A commercial for the special and the surrounding tentpole event (a week of new episodes in the days following the premiere) was posted to the PBS Kids YouTube channel on April 29th, 2017.
- The plot surrounding D.W. is a parody of Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are".
- Future D.W. is wearing a shirt with her name (Dora) in Japanese Katakana (ドラ).
- D.W.'s fifth birthday is also celebrated in the episode "D.W.'s Perfect Wish". However, this episode is a re-imaging compared to the earlier one.
- While at the planetarium, Mr. Ratburn receives a phone call from Mr. Haney in Tanzania. It is revealed why he is in Africa in "The Hallway Minotaur".
- D.W. mentions how her encounter with the octopus on Ukubonga is like a nightmare she has had. This is in reference to the Season 1 episode "D.W. All Wet". She is known to be afraid of octopuses in other episodes.