|Residence||Dave's farm, unnamed town (formerly)|
Jane Read (daughter)
David Read (son-in-law)
Arthur Read (grandson)
D.W. Read (granddaughter)
Kate Read (granddaughter)
Jessica (daughter or daughter-in-law)
Richard (son or son-in-law)
Lucy's husband (son-in-law)
Unnamed wife (?) possibly deceased
|Cartoon debut||"Grandpa Dave's Old Country Farm"|
|Voiced by||A.J. Henderson|
Dave lives on the family farm near an unnamed town, which has been in the family for over 150 years. He plays as a independent, devoted and loving family man who enjoys playing checkers.
Grandpa seems to be loved by his whole family. He seems to be quite independent, hard-working, and traditional in views, to a point where he stays to have the Read family keep the house in good shape because it’s been owned by them for over 150 years.
Grandpa is also a loving, devoted, very likable grandfather. He eventually gets dementia in one episode, when he starts to forget his grandson Arthur’s name.
- 11502 Grandpa Dave's Old Country Farm
- 12501 D.W. Thinks Big
- 12901 My Club Rules (cameo)
- 20501 Arthur's Underwear (cameo in flashback)
- 20801 Arthur vs. the Piano (cameo)
- 30901 Arthur's Treasure Hunt (cameo)
- 50902 The Big Dig
- 60302 The Secret Life of Dogs and Babies (fantasy)
- 1001 Happy Anniversary
- 150601 Grandpa Dave's Memory Album
- Whip. Mix. Blend. (pictured)
- He is getting a house closer to the Reads'.
- He develops Alzheimer's in Grandpa Dave's Memory Album.
- He is friends with Catherine and Francine's grandmother, Bubby.
- He usually goes to Elwood City to go to the doctor's office.
- In the family picture title card, he can be seen.
- He attends the annual fireman ball. It's unknown if he was a firefighter one time when he was younger or he is volunteering there.
- He is listed on the end credits regularly, despite having only appeared in fewer episodes compared to other members of the Read family tree.