|"Emily Swallows a Horse"|
|Number in season:||8B|
|Original Airdate:|| April 6, 2005|
|Written by:||Melissa Kirsch|
|Storyboard by:||Stéphanie Gignac|
"The "A" Team"
"D.W. Beats All"
Emily tells a little white lie to get a sparkly ball she wants, then keeps having to embellish it to maintain her cover story.
Emily finds a ball that D.W. also wants. Emily says the ball belongs to her, and that it is from France, given to her by her nanny. D.W. chooses to ask Emily's nanny about it after school, but Emily leaves before D.W. can make her inquiry. Later on, D.W. appears at Emily's house with the Tibbles. Emily answers the door and informs her friends that they cannot enter because her nanny is sick with halitosis. Emily has to make up more and more fibs to cover up her first lie about the insignificant ball. In the end, Emily admits it, first to her parents and then to her classmates.
- Maryann's father
- Amanda Hulser
- James MacDonald
- Mrs. Hulser
- Emily's father
- Emily said that cheval in French means "ball", but actually the word cheval means "horse."
- Halitosis is the medical term for "bad breath."
- The song Ms. Morgan sings with her preschool students is a nursery rhyme called There Was an Old Lady.
- The soap opera that Emily and her nanny were watching was the same soap opera that was featured in "Is There a Doctor in the House?", and "Based on a True Story."
- Main article: Emily Swallows a Horse/Gallery