|Favorite color||Fuzzy wuzzy brown,|
|Residence||Lundgrens' House, Elwood City|
|Relatives||Neal Lundgren (father),|
Mrs. Lundgren (mother),
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur's Eyes"|
|Latest Appearance||"The Best Day Ever"|
|Voice Actor||Mitchell David Rothpan (s1 - s7)|
Evan Smirnow (s8)
Eleanor Noble (s9 - present)
He is very often shown as isolated from the other children. This is possibly because of his nosebleeds (which occur on a regular basis), or it may be that he is simply a quiet person, or both. However, in the later seasons, like most of the other children, he has effectively socialized into the group. Also, his nosebleeds have only happened in one episode.
Though in earlier seasons George is shown as a background character with very few talking roles, starting in season 9, he made a transition into a main character, appearing in a good portion of episodes. It is unknown why this sudden change happened.
In the episode, "The Boy with His Head in the Clouds," George is revealed to have dyslexia.
In Arthur's Perfect Christmas, George does celebrate Christmas, but he celebrates it in a different way than the other kids in Elwood City, since his mom is from Sweden. On Christmas, according to Norwegian tradition, they would dance and parade in traditional clothes and eat traditional Christmas food.
George is an anthropomorphic moose whose most distinctive trait is his antlers. As a result of his horns, he was often given nicknames such as "Big Horns" in the episode "Big Horns George", and "Head Gear" in the episode "Nicked by Name" . However, his antlers also give him some disadvantages as his horns accidentally knock coats off their racks by accident and getting his head stuck in his locker. George is depicted as wearing an orange shirt, cream colored khakis, and green and white sneakers. In a promotional illustration on the show's official website, he was depicted wearing a beige shirt, blue shorts, and red and white sneakers. During the winter time, George can be seen wearing a green jacket with a red hat with flaps. In the summer time George wears a green shirt, short khakis, and green and white sneakers.
Since his first appearance in "Arthur's Eyes", George was depicted as a background character, and was not made into a major character until "Arthur's Dummy Disaster" much later. This could be as a result of how quiet he is at school, and the fact that he is also rather shy. Despite his timidness, George is shown to be a very kind character as he is willing to help his friends even if it means sacrificing his own needs. However, his quiet attitude is often misinterpreted by the other characters, and as a result he is often forgotten and left out of many of their events. It is the result of being isolated from the other characters that cause George to play mostly with his dummy Wally. George is shown to treat Wally very much like a real person (even though he is well aware he isn't real), and often discusses his problems at school with him as he rarely gets the chance to speak with his classmates. George is defender for the Lakewood Elementary Soccer Team. He has been given several nicknames: Hammer (by Binky in "The Boy with His Head in the Clouds"), Big Horns (by Koko Taylor in "Big Horns George"), and Headgear (by Brain in "Nicked by a Name")
How is it possible to know so much about someone, but not really know them?
|—Arthur Read, "Arthur's Dummy Disaster"|
- George has been watching The Love Ducks" every day for a year, even before Arthur and his friends did.
- He is seen playing a guitar in "Big Horns George" and "The Pride of Lakewood"; although, George also plays the guitar called "Bonnie" in "Looking for Bonnie", but in his dreams
- "Vomitrocious!" is the only episode that George spoke in that Wally did not appear.
- George wins many talent competitions by jumping on a pogo stick.
- George constanty wins contests that Elwood city kids enter
- Despite being bullied by Binky, George is at times seen with him.
- George has a friend named Carl who has Asperger's Syndrome.
- For the assignment in "Desert Island Dish", George brought a pumpkin. It may be a food that he enjoys.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://pbskids.org/arthur/print/tradingcards/cards.html#pg-george2
- ↑ "When Carl Met George"
- ↑ "Fifteen"
- ↑ "The Boy with His Head in the Clouds"
- ↑ Arthur's Perfect Christmas
- ↑ "Vomitrocious!"