|This article is about George Lundgren. You may be looking for George, Arthur's cousin.|
|Favorite color||Fuzzy wuzzy brown|
|Residence||George's House, Elwood City|
|Family||Neal Lundgren (father)|
Mrs. Lundgren (mother)
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur's Eyes"|
|Voiced by||Mitchell Rothpan (s1 - s7, APC, AIORnR)|
Evan Smirnow (s8)
Eleanor Noble (s9 - s11; s14 - present)
Samantha Reynolds (s12 - s13)
George Lundgren (formerly George Nordgren) is a 3rd grader who attends Lakewood Elementary School, in Mr. Ratburn's class. He daydreams frequently, and is a skilled carpenter and ventriloquist. His family is Swedish, but has been seen wearing a shirt saying "I Love Norway", in The Long Road Home  (although he may simply be of Swedish-Norwegian descent) "Ladonna's Like List, it was said that he was from Norway He has a ventriloquist dummy; a wooden giraffe named Wally.
He is very often shown as isolated from the other children. This is possibly because of his nosebleeds (which occur on a regular basis), or it may be that he is simply a quiet person, or both. However, in the later seasons, like most of the other children, he has effectively socialized into the group. Also, his nosebleeds have only happened in one episode.
Though in earlier seasons George is shown as a background character with very few talking roles, starting in season 9, he made a transition into a main character, appearing in a good portion of episodes. It is unknown why this sudden change happened.
In the episode, "The Boy with His Head in the Clouds," George is revealed to have dyslexia.
In Arthur's Perfect Christmas, George does celebrate Christmas, but he celebrates it in a different way than the other kids in Elwood City, since his mom is from Sweden. On Christmas, according to Norwegian tradition, they would dance and parade in traditional clothes and eat traditional Christmas food.
George is an anthropomorphic moose whose most distinctive trait is his antlers. As a result of his horns, he was often given nicknames such as "Big Horns" in the episode "Big Horns George", and "Head Gear" in the episode "Nicked by Name" . However, his antlers also give him some disadvantages as his horns accidentally knock coats off their racks by accident and getting his head stuck in his locker. George is depicted as wearing an orange shirt, cream colored khakis, and green and white sneakers. In a promotional illustration on the show's official website, he was depicted wearing a beige shirt, blue shorts, and red and white sneakers. During the winter time, George can be seen wearing a green jacket with a red hat with flaps. In the summer time George wears a green shirt, short khakis, and green and white sneakers.
Since his first appearance in "Arthur's Eyes", George was depicted as a background character, and was not made into a major character until "Arthur's Dummy Disaster" much later. This could be as a result of how quiet he is at school, and the fact that he is also rather shy. Despite his timidness, George is shown to be a very kind character as he is willing to help his friends even if it means sacrificing his own needs. However, his quiet attitude is often misinterpreted by the other characters, and as a result he is often forgotten and left out of many of their events. It is the result of being isolated from the other characters that cause George to play mostly with his dummy Wally. George is shown to treat Wally very much like a real person (even though he is well aware he isn't real), and often discusses his problems at school with him as he rarely gets the chance to speak with his classmates. George is defender for the Lakewood Elementary Soccer Team. He has been given several nicknames: Hammer (by Binky in "The Boy with His Head in the Clouds"), Big Horns (by Koko Taylor in "Big Horns George"), and Headgear (by Brain in "Nicked by a Name")
Although George might be isolated at times, he's proven to care for others even if they might occasionally be mean to him which makes him very likable amongst Arthur and his group of friends for being so kind and forgiving. George's best friend is Carl.
- Carl: When Carl Met George was the first time Carl and George met. Carl is also one of the rare people George doesn't use Wally to talk to because he tried showing Wally to Carl one time and it frightened Carl.
- Fern: Fern seems to be very close to George. She and George are usually seen together acting out a detective scenario where George is her assistant, similar to Sherlock and Watson. In The Case of the Girl with the Long Face, he becomes very concerned for her and thinks she is depressed when she suddenly stops their game and seems unlike herself.
- The Brain: In the episode Do You Speak George? when everyone was speaking their own languages, The Brain and George decide to work together to make their own unique language. They ended up not agreeing on how their language should be. The Brain also helps George have a better understanding on Carl's Asperger's Syndrome in When Carl Met George.
- Buster Baxter: George and Buster are great pals. George admires Buster enough to write a paper about how & why he's so admirable. Buster is known to stand up for George's well-being occasionally like when Francine knocked George's dominos down and Buster confronted her and explained she should apologize.
- Arthur Read: George describes one of his best days ever as when Arthur talked to him and helped him after Wally fell apart. There's times when they hang out and when they were playing cards at George's house as Binky came over, Arthur told Binky "George isn't home right now." Knowing poor George is scared of Binky.
- Jenna Morgan: George and Jenna are classmates at Lakewood Elementary. After learning that she had claimed to have a crush on him in Jenna's Bedtime Blues, he approached her displaying an apparent interest of his own. They have also appeared together on numerus occasions.
- Season 1
- Arthur Eyes (Cameo/Debut) 10101
- Francine's Bad Hair Day (Cameo) 10102
- Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn (Cameo) 10201
- Arthur's Spelling Trubble (Cameo) 10202
- Buster's Dino Dilemma (Cameo) 10302
- D.W.'s Imaginary Friend (Cameo) 10401
- Arthur's Lost Library Book (Cameo) 10402
- Locked in the Library! (Cameo) 10601
- Arthur Accused! (Cameo) 10602
- Buster Makes the Grade (Cameo) 10702
- Francine Frensky, Superstar (Cameo) 11002
- Arthur Writes a Story (Cameo) 11201
- Arthur's Lost Dog (Cameo) 11202
- Buster's New Friend (Cameo) 11302
- Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest (Cameo) 11601
- Meek for a Week (Cameo) 11701
- Arthur, World's Greatest Gleeper (Cameo) 11702
- Arthur Makes the Team 11902
- Arthur's Almost Boring Day (Cameo) 12001
- Sue Ellen Moves In (Cameo) 12101
- Bully for Binky (Cameo) 12301
- Misfortune Teller (Cameo) 12302
- Arthur's Tooth (Cameo) 12401
- My Dad, the Garbage Man (Cameo) 12601
- Arthur's Substitute Teacher Trouble (Cameo) 12702
- I'm a Poet (Cameo) 12801
- The Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club (Cameo) 12802
- My Club Rules (Cameo) 12901
- Stolen Bike (Cameo) 12902
- Season 2
- Arthur Meets Mister Rogers (Cameo) 20101
- Draw! (Cameo) 20102
- Arthur's Lucky Pencil (Cameo) 20202
- Buster and the Daredevils (Cameo) 20302
- Arthur's Underwear (Cameo) 20501
- Buster Baxter, Cat Saver (Cameo) 20601
- Arthur's TV-Free Week (Cameo) 20701
- Night Fright (Cameo) 20702
- Arthur vs. the Piano (Cameo) 20801
- The Big Blow-Up 20802
- The Short, Quick Summer (Cameo) 20902
- Arthur's Mystery Envelope (Cameo) 21002
- Buster Hits the Books (Cameo) 21102
- Arthur and the Square Dance (Cameo) 21202
- Water and the Brain (Cameo) 21301
- Arthur the Unfunny (Cameo) 21302
- Sue Ellen's Lost Diary (Cameo) 21401
- Grandma Thora Appreciation Day (Cameo) 21501
- Love Notes for Muffy (Cameo) 21601
- D.W. Blows the Whistle (Cameo) 21602
- Arthur the Loser (Cameo) 21702
- Arthur vs. the Very Mean Crossing Guard 21801
- D.W.'s Very Bad Mood (Cameo) 21802
- Finders Key-pers (Cameo) 21902
- Sue Ellen's Little Sister 22002
- Season 3
- Buster's Back (Cameo) 30101
- Sue Ellen and the Brainasaurous (Cameo) 30302
- Background Blues (Cameo) 30401
- And Now Let's Talk to Some Kids (Cameo) 30402
- The Chips are Down (Cameo) 30501
- Revenge of the Chip (Cameo) 30502
- Meet Binky (Cameo) 30602
- Arthur Rides the Bandwagon (Cameo) 30701
- Dad's Dessert Dilemma (Cameo) 30702
- Popular Girls (Cameo) 30801
- Buster's Growing Grudge (Cameo) 30802
- The Return of the King (Cameo) 30902
- Arthur's Almost Live Not Real Music Festival 31102
- Arthur's Dummy Disaster 31301
- Mom and Dad Have a Great Big Fight (Fantasy) 31401
- The Long, Dull Winter (Cameo) 31502
- Season 4
- Arthur's Big Hit (Cameo) 40102
- Muffy's New Best Friend (Cameo) 40202
- Buster's Breathless 40301
- The Fright Stuff 40302
- The Blizzard (Cameo) 40501
- The Rat Who Came to Dinner (Cameo) 40502
- Prunella Gets it Twice (Cameo) 40602
- Binky Barnes, Wingman 40701
- To Beat or Not to Beat 40702
- 1001 Dads 40801
- Buster's Best Behavior (Cameo) 40902
- That's a Baby Show! 41002
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 9
- Castles in the Sky (Cameo) 90101
- Tipping the Scales (Cameo) 90102
- Francine's Big Top Trouble (Cameo) 90201
- George Blows His Top 90202
- Arthur Weighs In (Cameo) 90301
- The Law of the Jungle Gym 90302
- Lights, Camera... Opera! 90501
- All Worked Up 90502
- A is for Angry 90702
- The "A" Team 90801
- Buster the Myth Maker 90902
- Binky Goes Nuts 91001
- Breezy Listening Blues 91002
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Germophobia (cameo) 1101b
- Prunella Packs It In 110302
- Phony Fern 110401
- Brain's Shocking Secret 110402
- The Making of Arthur 110601
- Dancing Fools 110602
- Mr. Alwaysright 110702
- Francine's Pilfered Paper (cameo) 110801
- Buster Gets Real (cameo) 110802
- Spoiled Rotten! (cameo) 110902
- Big Brother Binky 1110
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Season 14
- Season 15
- Fifteen 150101
- I Wanna Hold Your Hand 150201
- Buster's Secret Admirer (Cameo) 150301
- Cents-less (Cameo) 150401
- Buster the Lounge Lizard (Cameo) 150402
- To Eat or Not to Eat 150501
- S.W.E.A.T. (Cameo) 150502
- Prunella the Packrat 150701
- What's in a Name? 150702
- Buster's Garden of Grief (Cameo) 150901
- Through the Looking Glasses 150902
- The Trouble with Trophies 151002
- Season 16
- Season 17
- Season 18
- Season 19
- Season 20
- Season 21
How is it possible to know so much about someone, but not really know them?
|—Arthur Read, "Arthur's Dummy Disaster"|
- George has been watching The Love Ducks every day for a year, even before Arthur and his friends did.
- He is seen playing a guitar in "Big Horns George" and "The Pride of Lakewood"; although, George also plays the guitar called "Bonnie" in "Looking for Bonnie", but in his dreams
- "Vomitrocious!" is the only episode that George spoke in that Wally did not appear.
- George wins many talent competitions by jumping on a pogo stick.
- George constantly wins contests that Elwood city kids enter.
- Despite being bullied by Binky, George is at times seen with him and even going to the Ferris wheel together once.
- For the assignment in "Desert Island Dish", George brought a pumpkin. It may be a food that he enjoys.
- During early production, he was known only as "Moose".
- George's last name was "Nordgren" before season 11.
- He has dyslexia so people try to offend him by using this weakness. Molly MacDonald used this in The Last Tough Customer.
- He has Scandinavian ancestry.