|First appearance||"Flea to Be You and Me"|
Japan is a country in Asia.
- Francine has a bracelet that was made in Japan.
- A kappa is a hungry river demon from Japanese folklore. Sue Ellen wondered if she had heard one in the dead woods.
- David Read's pen pal from 7th grade, Tatsuya Matsumoto, is from Japan. Tatsuya once got lost in Kyoto at the Obon Festival.
- Pepe traveled to Japan in his journey around the world.
- According to Brain's Chrono 3000, when it was around 6:48 p.m.[note 1] in Berlin and 7:49 in Helsinki, it was almost 3:00 in the morning in Matsuyama in Japan.
- According to her trading card, Sue Ellen wants to visit Japan.
- Kendo is the ancient Japanese martial art of fencing with bamboo sticks.
- 215b. "Fern's Slumber Party (mentioned only)
- 312a. "What Scared Sue Ellen? (mentioned only)
- 704b. "Waiting to Go" (mentioned only)
- 801a. "Dear Adil" (mentioned only)
- 809a. "Flea to Be You and Me"
- 909b. "Buster the Myth Maker" (mentioned only)
- 1009b. "World Girls" (mentioned only)
- 1103b. "Prunella Packs It In" (mentioned only)
- Trading Cards (Sue Ellen)