Kim Brown is one of Marc Brown's sisters and one of the inspirations for D.W. Read in the Arthur series. She often makes public appearances at libraries and schools all over the US. Most of her visits take about an hour, and she does the following.
- Introducing D.W., Arthur and the characters created by Marc Brown.
- Answering children's and teachers' questions about Marc: his creative talents, his own childhood and his inspirations.
- Showing how an Arthur book is created
- Sharing a family photo album
- Reading and showing slides of a favorite Arthur book.
- Revealing Marc's secret formula for drawing Arthur
- Encouraging children to write and illustrate their own stories
- Presenting a wealth of information about Marc Brown, as only a sister could!