|"My Music Rules"|
|Number in season:||10A|
|Original Airdate:|| October 18, 1999|
January 17, 2000
|Written by:||Ken Scarborough|
|Storyboard by:|| Alex Hawley|
"Buster's Best Behavior"
"That's a Baby Show!"
The Elwood City Library is looking for a musician to perform for the children's show later in the week. D.W. suggests that they find the guy who wrote Crazy Bus her favorite song, which annoys Arthur.
This makes Arthur and Francine look for Josh Redman, Francine's "uncle". After watching a concert with Grandma Thora, D.W. plans to ask cellist Yo Yo Ma to perform at the library's children's show.
Arthur and his friends think that it is a horrible idea, and Binky thinks that they may end up fighting each other. However, much to the surprise of Binky and the others, Yo Yo Ma and Josh Redman get along just fine.
The episode ends with a jazz rendition of Crazy Bus. The kids find this very good - even Arthur, who considers it a much better version of the song.
- D.W. Read
- Arthur Read
- Jane Read
- Francine Frensky
- Thora Read
- Leah MacGrady
- Buster Baxter
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Binky Barnes
- Alan Powers
- Yo-Yo Ma
- Joshua Redman
- Timmy and Tommy Tibble
- Fern Walters
- Paige Turner
- Mr. Morris (appears in fantasy)
- Oliver Frensky
- Laverne Frensky (mentioned)
- It is revealed that D.W. hates jazz. But if viewers look closely in Francine and Arthur's vision of Joshua Redman playing "anything", they can see D.W.
- When Yo Yo Ma tells Joshua Redman that he picked up the sheet for Crazy Bus, he had the paper. But after D.W. finds out that Ma's music isn't so bad after all, as Ma began the song, the sheet disappears.
- During the credits from the finale of Season 4, some of the series intro was replaced with a piece of "Crazy Bus" played by Redman.
- There is yet another instance of Grandma Thora being a bad cook.
- Despite Arthur's hatred of the Crazy Bus song, he finds Joshua and Ma's version of it to be very good.
- Yo-Yo Ma and Joshua Redman guest star as themselves in this episode.