|"Shelter from the Storm"|
|Number in season:||10|
|Original Airdate:|| September 8, 2015|
July 23, 2015
June 1, 2015 (Part 1)
June 2, 2015 (Part 2)
April 28, 2015
|Written by:||Peter K. Hirsch|
|Storyboard by:|| Allan Jeffery|
Wayne Lee Pack
"Some Assembly Required"
When a powerful hurricane hits Elwood City, everyone gets affected. Ladonna's dad is summoned by the Army Corps of Engineers. Muffy relocates to a shelter, while Arthur struggles to reunite lost pets and owners and Brain seeks the help of a therapist to help manage his anxiety.
This article's missing a Plot section. You can help by adding one!
- David Read
- Mr. Powers
- Bud Compson
- D.W. Read
- Ed Crosswire
- Flip Wattles
- Millicent Crosswire
- Cisely Compson
- Kaylie Lamott
- Dr. Paula
- Idina Menzel is a guest voice.
- The show's "And Now a Word from Us Kids" has been made freely available in the videos section of the show's official PBSKids website and through the PBSKids video app.
- The episode is part of programming initiative that also includes the episode “A Storm in the Neighborhood / After the Neighborhood Storm" from the series Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.
- When Brain is trying to fix his globe on his table, the globe changes color from blue and green to black and gray.
- The name of the hurricane, Sadie, is similar to the name Sandy, the name of the hurricane that affected the Northeast region of the United States in 2012, close to the same area that the Arthur universe takes place in.
- The United States Army Corps of Engineers is a real agency.
- "Shelter from the Storm" is the name of a Bob Dylan song from his 1975 studio album Blood on the Tracks.
- Dr. Paula's quote, "I like all things sweet and frozen," is a reference to the 2013 movie Frozen where her portrayer played the role of Elsa.
- "April 9th" was also about a disaster that affected everyone differently.
- There was another citywide, weather-related situation in "The Blizzard".
- Ladonna had mentioned that her father was in the army in "Based on a True Story".
- Brain had to manage his anxiety in "S.W.E.A.T.".
- According to Buster, a hurricane hit Camp Meadowcroak in "Arthur's Family Vacation".