|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the event.|
|Number in season:||6b|
|Original Airdate:|| September 7, 2015|
March 16, 2015
|Written by:||Kathy Waugh|
|Storyboard by:||Gerry Capelle|
"Whip. Mix. Blend."
Arthur offers to babysit so that his parents can enjoy some peace and quiet in the backyard. What could go wrong? With D.W. on the loose... just about everything!
- Arthur Read
- D.W. Read
- David Read
- Jane Read
- Kate Read
- Thora Read
- Leah MacGrady (cameo)
- Buster Baxter
- The Brain
- This episode was released on the DVD Arthur's Fountain Abbey before it premiered on TV.
- Arthur and D.W. change Baby Kate's diaper. When D.W. suggests calling for Mom and Dad's help, Arthur reminds her that they have done it before, which they did in "Is There a Doctor in the House?"
- The Brain attempts to wire the Read family household's television, lights and other equipment through the family computer, but the computer itself still appears to be an old-fashioned model, with a bulky fullscreen monitor and a primitive text-based interface.
- The smoke alarm goes off in the Read Home again like in "D.W. All Fired Up," except this time it is set off by actual smoke, not directly by any of the characters. The smoke alarm still has the same sound as in "D.W. All Fired Up."
- The name of the episode is a play on words of "vacation" and possibly "paycation," or staying at home during vacation. The term itself already exists in popular culture, though in the story, D.W. claims to have coined it herself.
- The episode title "Staycation" is also used in WordGirl.