|"Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny"|
|Number in season:||5A|
|Original Airdate:|| October 29, 2010|
November 17, 2010
January 4, 2011
|Written by:||David Steven Cohen|
|Storyboard by:||Elise Benoit|
"The Great Lint Rush"
Arthur dislikes the scarier comic books stocked by the local comic-book store since it changed ownership.
Tales of Grotequely Grim Bunny
With Gerald in charge, the store is now very messy, and it seems to only have very dark comics in it. Fern is interested in "Grotesquely Grim Bunny: Guardian of Doom." Buster becomes interested in it, but Arthur fakes interest. They all pay for it.
Fern reads it, and she gets other classmates interested, but it makes Arthur even more scared if it. He has a nightmare where he is inside the comic and so are his friends, but he is the only one scared.
After his nightmare, Pal destroys the comic book. When asked about the plot Arthur admits he did not read it, and then Buster admits he also quit on the first page. Only Fern actually read it, and Binky is now scared of the idea too.
Fern suggests they protest the store. Gerald does not notice, but Freddy K. does. He takes back control of the store. He cleans it up and adds in a "creepy stuff" section (much to the teenagers' chargin) that Fern goes to, while Arthur and Buster go to their old favorite comic books.
- 3rd Grade Male Cat
- Maria Pappas
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Muffy Crosswire
- George Lundgren
- Molly MacDonald
- 3rd Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- Francine Frensky
- In this episode, Teenage Male Cat reappears again. He has not been seen since "Bleep"
- This is one of the rare times where Arthur's full name is heard.
- The alien in Arthur's nightmare has the same first name as Muffy's mother.
- In Arthur's nightmare, the bunny has Gerald's voice.
- The comic could be a reference to Jhonen Vasquez's comics Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and Squee; the frequent usage of "doom" could be a reference to his show Invader Zim.
- This is the second episode Buster has gone on a strike against a business; the first time was in Sue Ellen Chickens Out with Sue Ellen and Binky. While this second time he protested with Arthur and Fern
- In the beginning, Arthur has many memories of going to Meteor Comix, but in The Secret Origin of Supernova, it was revealed he had never gone there.