Episode Characters Question
Hello, everyone! After a long, long time away from Arthur Wiki, I am back to do some more editing. Something I've found new since I've been gone is that we've made pages for the recurring background characters that are unnamed. I love this idea, so that we have information about the unnamed characters. I have been working (a little) on the character lists for the episodes, and something that has come to my mind is that we don't include these unnamed characters. I understand this, as background character list would begin to get long and cluttered up. I see that we now have names for some previously unnamed characters (Alex and Maria). I'm worried that if one of our unnamed background character's name is revealed, since they weren't previously listed, they won't show up, and then it appears as if they weren't in the episode. So it's kind of like we'd be misinforming our users, and then the character would have to be added to the episodes later. So, I'm not sure how everyone would like this, but I'm thinking maybe in addition to our three character categories for the episodes (major, minor, and background) we should add an unnamed characters listing for each episode, where we link the unnamed characters to their page (for example 3rd Grade Female Sheep). The problem I see with this, is that it may get confusing (as we have 3rd Grade Male Dog #2 and it might get linked to #1). So I'm wondering, what does everyone else think of this? --Muppetfan 23:24, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
Also, (whether or not we do this), I think it may be a good idea to set up some sort of character gallery page organized by animal that can be viewed to see who a character they see on an episode is, to prevent duplicate pages of named or unnamed characters. --Muppetfan 23:30, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
What is up with this recent wave of vandalism? I've noticed it on Francine, Muffy and especially Binky. Apparently there is more, but I haven't checked. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Pestige (talk • contribs)
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~).
5000 Explosions and a Supernova 01:16, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah. D.W.'s page said that she was an armadillo.
126.96.36.199 11:39, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Here. The page was vandalized in 2011, but it has since been fixed. 5000 Explosions and a Supernova (talk) 05:16, February 17, 2014 (UTC)
Guess Who's Back
ME! BillyCastlemanPhoenix 06:30, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
- BillyCastlemanPhoenix, you cannot harm Arthur Wiki any longer. I have blocked you. 18:10, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
Why is there an enormous amount of spelling/grammatical errors on this wiki?
[[User:Cybersix|Cybersix]] 22:34, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Of course it's unintentional. We work hard daily to improve Arthur Wiki's grammatical side. Annawantimes (Talk) 23:04, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
- What, you expect people to bring a dictionary to the comptuer?Theidoitnxt2u (talk) 15:57, February 15, 2014 (UTC)
- I drafted most of the new design on a sandbox page, but we are waiting for Agency to do the final changes. Agency has been busy recently, but was just about finished last I asked. 5000 Explosions and a Supernova (talk) 05:16, February 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh. Okay, then.Theidoitnxt2u (talk) 01:19, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!
I do not know where to send a message to the admins and editors of Arthur Wikia but if anybody can help me edit the "List of Arthur Characters" on Wikipedia before it is whitewashed, I would appreciate it. It requires sources but I do not know where to look. Can anybody provide any information about the character background and how the character was created? Do I need to email one of the show developers? In Correct (talk) 01:30, January 7, 2017 (UTC)
- I looked at the Wikipedia page. Looks like a lot of it is stuff like "Bionic Bunny is a reference to Superman". For that example you can cite the Marc Brown TV interview, but most of these cases are actually up to interpretation. But if you want to find sources for every character, you should try asking the writers of the specific episodes the character first appeared in. You probably will have better luck with some of the newer episodes. 5000 Explosions and a Supernova (talk) 08:21, January 7, 2017 (UTC)