|“||This is the Sugar Bowl we're talking about! You know, where we hang out EVERY single day?||”|
|First appearance||Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn|
In "Sue Ellen Chickens Out," Carl Manino decides to sell the Sugar Bowl. It would then be turned into a Chickin Lickin'. Sue Ellen rallied her friends to protest against Chickin Lickin' to save the restaurant, but few of them had the desire or courage to stand up for its survival. By the end of the episode, Carl decides not to sell it because he found that he and his customers still loved it.
The Sugar Bowl has existed for at least 50 years. In Carl Manino's flashback from Sue Ellen Chickens Out the Sugar Bowl was seen in the 1950's. Back then, Carl Manino probably did not own it because he was mopping the floor. It was one of the main hangouts of high schooler's that attended Elwood City High School (one of them being Grandma Thora) and was decorated with pennants, records, and posters on the walls. It also had a jukebox.
Annual Baking Contest
In "How the Cookie Crumbles," it is shown that the Sugar Bowl hosts the annual baking competition for the annual Strawberry Festival in Elwood City. Muffy is a regular in this competition, having won twice so far. She won her second victory with her "Scrumptious Snackeroodles" which she and her friends made together, and now the Sugar Bowl sells these cookies as well.
Foods Sold at the Sugar Bowl
- Banana Boat
- Big Pig
- Bubsy Burgers
- Cheesy Franky
- Crinkle Chaw Bubble Gum
- Crosswire Club
- Full of Meat Pete
- Grape Drink
- Haney Hero
- Harry Mills Meatball Experience
- Hot Cocoa
- Ice Cream
- Orange Soda
- Pink Lemonade
- Red Rovers
- Root Beer Float
- Scrumptious Snackeroodles
- The Buster
- Veggie Maggie
- Chocolate Malts (Mentioned by The Car Talk guys in "Pick a Car, Any Car")
- In "The Secret Guardians" it was shown the "O" in "bowl" had a nest on top of it.
- The appearance slightly changes sometimes.
- It is the main hangout for the kids.
- In "Don't Ask Muffy," one of the articles in the Frensky Star is about the Sugar Bowl replacing their awning, despite the fact that they never have an awning on the building.
- In the song "Elwood City: A Report," Buster claims that the Sugar Bowl is located "Right by Arthur's, in back of the school." While the map does depict as being in back of the school, it also shows it as being nearby Buster's house and the Brain's, rather than Arthur's.