|"The Wheel Deal"|
| Season 14, Episode 1A|
|Original Airdate:|| October 11, 2010|
October 20, 2010
January 7, 2011
October 8, 2010
|Written by:||Raye Lankford|
|Storyboard by:||Daniel Miodini|
"The Secret Origin of Supernova"
"The Buster Report"
Brain is put in a wheelchair after a leg injury and copes with the encouragement of Lydia, a disabled girl who uses a wheelchair.
Brain suffers a leg injury, and also sprains his ankle, while practicing for a basketball game against the Mighty Mountain team. The injury occurred when Buster accidentally tossed a banana peel into the trash, but it missed the trash can and landed on the ground, causing Brain to slip on it.
He is then in a wheelchair and has difficulty coping with it until he meets Lydia, who is also in a wheelchair because she was born unable to walk.
When playing basketball with Lydia, Brain doesn't do well, so Lydia helps Brain improve his skills while in the wheelchair. After a few days of training, Brain and Lydia go to the Ice Cream Shop, but discover it is not wheelchair accessible.
They then go to the Sugar Bowl, and while talking to each other there, Francine approaches and tells Brain that she could take over for him in the basketball game. Lydia assures her that Brain will do fine.
The next day at the game Brain does well, but doesn't have the confidence to finish the game, so Lydia takes over and manages to score enough points to secure the win. Afterward, the Ice Cream Shop is made wheelchair accessible and both Brain and Lydia head off together to play chess.
- Muffy Crosswire
- Binky Barnes
- Alan Powers
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- George Lundgren
- Fern Walters
- Jenna Morgan
- Mrs. Powers
- This episode also reveals the name of one of the kids from Mighty Mountain during the beginning of the episode.
- This is the first episode outside the U.S. to be in 16:9 Widescreen.
- This is the first episode where the graphics are brighter and is painted better, due to the fact that Cookie Jar will soon be replaced by 9 Story Entertainment.
- This is also the first episode where the title cards are changed to a scene from the episode, meaning that from this episode on, the title cards will be customized to better fit with each episode and its topic.
- ↑ http://www.ket.org/tvschedules/episode.php?nola=ARUR++001401
- ↑ http://ww3.tvo.org/program/157024/arthur - Season 2010, Page 2