|Birthday||18th of an unknown month with 31 days|
|Hair color||Brown (youth and adulthood)|
Gray (elderly years)
|Favorite color||Green apple|
|Residence||Thora's childhood house (formerly)|
Grandma Thora's House, Elwood City
|Family||Thora's father (father)|
Thora's mother (mother)
Thora's brother 1 (brother)
Thora's brother 2 (brother)
Thora's brother 3 (brother)
David Read (son)
Jane Read (daughter-in-law)
Arthur Read (grandson)
D.W. Read (granddaughter)
Kate Read (granddaughter)
Sean (son or son-in-law)
Bonnie (daughter or daughter-in-law)
Bud (son or son-in-law)
Loretta (daughter or daughter-in-law)
Loretta's daughter (granddaughter)
David's brother (son)
Thora's mother's great-uncle (great-great-uncle)
|Book debut||Arthur's Christmas|
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur's Spelling Trubble"|
|Voiced by||Joanna Noyes|
Michael Caloz (as a child)
She is shown to be very kind, supportive, and understanding, but is also a poor cook. She loves bingo and is best friends with Mrs. MacGrady, lunchlady for Lakewood Elementary. She sometimes babysits her grandkids such as on New Year's Eve, when she allowed D.W. to stay up until midnight not knowing that D.W.'s parents already told her that she couldn't. She's also very good at playing marbles and gives Arthur some lessons on how to play the game well. In Family Fortune, she goes to an antique show with two of her grandchildren.
She has a prized doll named Clarissa (shown in Clarissa is Cracked). In the same episode, it is revealed that she has three older brothers. She also takes in a stray dog named Killer that was found on her porch. It is unknown what happened to her spouse, considering he was never seen in any episodes, but it is most likely he is deceased or he and Thora are divorced.
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Arthur Loses His Marbles 61001
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 9
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Season 14
- Season 15
- The Last King of Lambland (Cameo) 150302
- Season 16
- All About D.W. 160301
- Season 17
- Dog's Best Friend 170102
- Season 19
- Arthur's Toy Trouble 190301
- Season 20
- That's MY Grandma! 200402
- Season 21
- She is named after author Marc Brown's own grandmother, Thora Brown.
- When she was a child, Thora had a close resemblance to D.W.
- In D.W., the Picky Eater, it is revealed that Thora's birthday is on the 18th day of an unknown month with 31 days (there are 7).
- In April 9th, her son David told Arthur that when he was young, Thora was in a car accident, but wasn't hurt.
- In later episodes she has been shown to be cooking better.
- In publicity/promotional materials, she is typically referred to as "Grandma Thora."
- In Clarissa is Cracked, it is revealed she is a columnist.
- She gave Arthur his iconic yellow sweater.