|Birthday||18th of an unknown month with 31 days|
|Hair color||Brown (youth and adulthood)|
Gray (elderly years)
|Favorite color||Green apple|
|Residence||Thora's childhood house (formerly)|
Grandma Thora's House, Elwood City
|Family||Thora's father (father)|
Thora's mother (mother)
Thora's brother 1 (brother)
Thora's brother 2 (brother)
Thora's brother 3 (brother)
David Read (son)
Jane Read (daughter-in-law)
Arthur Read (grandson)
D.W. Read (granddaughter)
Kate Read (granddaughter)
Sean (son or son-in-law)
Bonnie (daughter or daughter-in-law)
Bud (son or son-in-law)
Loretta (daughter or daughter-in-law)
Loretta's daughter (granddaughter)
David's brother (son)
Thora's mother's great-uncle (great-great-uncle)
Claudia (daughter or daughter-in-law)
Hilary (daughter or daughter-in-law)
Ruthie (daughter or daughter-in-law)
Unnamed husband (?) possibly deceased
|Book debut||Arthur's Christmas|
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur's Spelling Trubble"|
|Voiced by||Joanna Noyes|
Michael Caloz (as a child)
She is shown to be very kind, supportive, and understanding, but is also a poor cook. She loves bingo and is best friends with Mrs. MacGrady, lunchlady for Lakewood Elementary. She sometimes babysits her grandkids such as on New Year's Eve, when she allowed D.W. to stay up until midnight not knowing that D.W.'s parents already told her that she couldn't. She's also very good at playing marbles and gives Arthur some lessons on how to play the game well. In Family Fortune, she goes to an antique show with two of her grandchildren.
She has a prized doll named Clarissa (shown in Clarissa is Cracked). In the same episode, it is revealed that she has three older brothers. She also takes in a stray dog named Killer that was found on her porch. It is unknown what happened to her spouse, albeit he was mentioned in some episodes.
- She is named after author Marc Brown's own grandmother, Thora Brown.
- When she was a child, Thora had a close resemblance to D.W.
- In D.W., the Picky Eater, it is revealed that Thora's birthday is on the 18th day of an unknown month with 31 days (there are 7).
- In April 9th, her son David told Arthur that when he was young, Thora was in a car accident but wasn't hurt.
- In later episodes she has been shown to be cooking better.
- In publicity/promotional materials, she is typically referred to as "Grandma Thora."
- In Clarissa is Cracked, it is revealed she is a columnist.
This article's missing a appearances section. You can help by adding one!
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 9
- Season 10
- Season 14
- D.W., Queen of the Comeback 140901
- Season 17
- Season 20